A Timeline of
A Timeline of
$319.00 inc. GST
Each book in this new series follows a major technological innovation from its first appearance in human history to its present-day development. The intuitive layout of each book underscores the remarkable history that is surveyed. Running text on the upper third of each page provides a concise narrative, while a continuous timeline on the bottom two-thirds of the page records the highlights and curious facts of the development of the technology. Text and timeline together provide the kind of challenging and multi-format reading experience recommended for students in today's Australian National Curriculum and New Zealand National Curriculum.
Titles in the series:
- Adobe Shelters to Steel Skyscrapers: A Timeline of Building
- Counting Pebbles to Writing Code: A Timeline of Mathematics and Computers
- Foraging to Supermarkets: A Timeline of Food
- Hieroglyphics to Hypertext: A Timeline of Written Word
- Leeches to Lasers: A Timeline of Medicine
- Smoke Signals to Smartphones: A Timeline of Long-Distance Communication
- Stargazing to Space Travel: A Timeline of Space Exploration
- Wooden Spears to Military Drones: A Timeline of Warfare
Pages: 40 each
- Learn the chronological evolution of some of humanity's greatest innovations.
- Richly illustrated books feature detailed graphical timelines in a broad range of cross-curricular topics.
- Reinforce classroom instruction to help readers visualise the arc of history as well as individual events.
- Break down complicated developments in manageable pieces so the reader can comprehend the logistics of time.