World Book Student
World Book Student
Designed to make online information easy for students to access and for teachers to integrate into lesson planning—boasts more than 40,000 encyclopedia articles, learning resources, and research tools.
Tailored for students, articles include embedded multimedia and related resources to engage students, expanded biographies, and supplemental tools to support cross-curricular studies.
NEW! Interactive Media. From the Sydney Opera House to exploring Machu Picchu, we have enriched our images—both static and 360-degree photos—with “hotspots” that lead to fun facts, related articles, photo galleries, videos, audio clips, maps, and more. The 360-degree photos work with visual reality headsets.
View current list of articles with interactive media
NEW! Gamification has come to Student with curriculum-aligned maths and science games integrated into selected articles.
View current list of games
- Features daily current events, assessment tools for educators, and dedicated resource guides to provide blueprints for advanced learning and college and career readiness.
- Citation Builder allows users to cite from 16 different source types—a podcast, film or video recordings, newspapers, articles,
- Browse text, media, and geographic content with a dedicated advanced search feature.
- An Advanced Search option filters results by Lexile level, content set, key word, or phrase.
- Text-to-speech feature translates text into human-sounding speech (like Siri or Alexa) and 100+ different languages.
- Allows for collaboration with Google Classroom, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and My Research integration.
- Media includes videos and 360-degree photographs.
- Includes lesson plans, trivia quizzes, and assessment tools for educator use.
"I've been working with Stage 3 on utilising World Book Online as a resource and they are loving it!"
- G. Berne, Teacher Librarian, Sydney NSW
"I love World Book! It's so user friendly and I always refer to it when I am talking to classes."
- J. Heikkinen, Teacher Librarian, QLD.
"World Book Online is an excellent resource for senior students...we wouldn't be without it in our school."
- S. Hill, Teacher Librarian, NZ.
"In the library, research projects always begin with World Book as a "first port of call"."
- L. Dearle, Teacher Librarian, WA.
- "World Book Online is a great resource for all stages. Our students are becoming more familiar with the site and are excited to use the many components. 'My Research' is a fantastic tool for Stage 2 and 3."
- L. Spies, Teacher Librarian, NSW.
"World book Online has given my K-6 students a safe, up-to-date and wonderfully interactive introduction to online research. This is a superbly structured resource and I can’t recommend it highly enough."
- I. Terpaj, Teacher Librarian, NSW.