World Book Advanced
World Book Advanced
- A powerful search engine that directs users to their desired content with maximum efficiency.
- Advanced research tools - including dictionary, atlas, and local and country research guides - that help users find and compile the data and information they need.
- My Research allows users to compile content in individualised accounts from thousands of fiction and nonfiction online books.
- Access to Australian and New Zealand Education Associations and National and State Curriculum Guides.
- Over 5,500 online books in a single search.
- Timeline builder.
- Shared Pathfinders.
- Integrated search.
- Frequently updated content from more than 100 periodicals, provided by EBSCO.
- Access to up-to-the-minute news publications from all over the world.
PRIMARY SOURCES AT OUR FINGERTIPS
Analysis of primary documents is an essential skill for secondary and post-secondary students. Students can find thousands of original, eyewitness, and historical source documents, as well as important works of literature, including:
- Marco Polo's Account of Japan and Java
- The Overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah
- Einstein's Atomic Bomb Proposal
- Recent and historical speeches
- Contemporaneous accounts of historical events
- Pliny the Younger on the Eruption of Mount Vesuvius
- Captain Cook's Account of a Voyage round the World 1768 - 1771
- New Zealand, Treaty of Waitangi, 1840
- The works of A.B. (Banjo) Paterson
A wealth of vetted articles supplemented by thousands of original source documents fosters advanced research and critical thinking skills and prepares students for continued growth!
- Users have access to over 600+ global newspapers, for perspectives on issues around the world.
- Unique content-sharing tool for differentiated learners directs users to specified content within the database.
- Access to a digital saving tool where articles and media can be stored for later use.
- Primary sources underpin advanced lesson plans and assessments for classroom support.
- Users have access to thousands of government websites from around the globe.
"World Book Online is an excellent resource for senior students...we wouldn't be without it in our school."
- S. Hill, Teacher Librarian, NZ.
“I have found the World Book resource extremely valuable in my classroom, it is fantastic.”
- M. Newton, Teacher Librarian, WA.
“I have always found World Book products to be of superior nature than their competition and written at a level, that my students can understand. A most important feature in my book.”
- A. Downie, Teacher Librarian, NSW.