World Book Advanced
World Book Advanced
Key changes to look for:
- All available resources, including, but not limited to, Primary Sources and Online Books, are now linked directly to the article they relate to. This makes research easier- everything is now hosted in one succinct place.
- Teaching with Documents has also been given a facelift and now resembles our article pages to provide continuity and an easier-to-read format.
- All primary sources are now coming from multiple sources! As always, our editors have carefully curated these documents to fit the needs of all users.
- And don’t worry, anything that users have previously saved in their My Research or Pathfinder accounts will still be accessible and usable.
Resources include encyclopedic content, online books, images and sounds, research tools, and a vast collection of primary source documents highlighting the accomplishments of the greatest minds throughout history.
- A powerful search engine that directs users to their desired content with maximum efficiency.
- Advanced research tools
- including dictionary, atlas, and local and country research guides -
that help users find and compile the data and information they need.
- My Research allows users to compile content in individualised accounts from thousands of fiction and nonfiction online books.
- Access to Australian and New Zealand Education Associations and National and State Curriculum Guides.
- Over 5,500 online books in a single search.
- Timeline builder.
- Shared Pathfinders.
- Integrated search.
- Frequently updated content from more than 100 periodicals, provided by EBSCO.
- Access to up-to-the-minute news publications from all over the world.
PRIMARY SOURCES AT OUR FINGERTIPS -
Analysis of primary documents is an essential skill for secondary and
post-secondary students. Students can find thousands of original,
eyewitness, and historical source documents, as well as important works
of literature, including:
- Marco Polo's Account of Japan and Java
- The Overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah
- Einstein's Atomic Bomb Proposal
- Recent and historical speeches
- Contemporaneous accounts of historical events
- Pliny the Younger on the Eruption of Mount Vesuvius
- Captain Cook's Account of a Voyage round the World 1768 - 1771
- New Zealand, Treaty of Waitangi, 1840
- The works of A.B. (Banjo) Paterson
"World Book Online is an excellent resource for senior students...we wouldn't be without it in our school."
- S. Hill, Teacher Librarian, NZ.
“I have found the World Book resource extremely valuable in my classroom, it is fantastic.”
- M. Newton, Teacher Librarian, WA.
“I have always found World Book products to be of superior nature than their competition and written at a level, that my students can understand. A most important feature in my book.”
- A. Downie, Teacher Librarian, NSW.