Building Blocks of Science – Physical
$462.00 inc. GST
Reflecting the popularity and instructional utility of graphic novels and nonfiction for children of all reading proficiencies, World Book introduces its first graphic nonfiction series, Building Blocks of Science. Each of the 10 volumes features a whimsical character to guide the reader through a physical science topic. The volumes include features typically found in World Book products, including a table of contents, glossary, additional resource list, and index. Several spreads in each volume are illustrated with photographs to help clarify concepts and facts.
Building Blocks of Physical Science was created by an author and illustrator team.
The illustrator’s name is Sam Hiti, and he publishes science fiction comics that have received a lot of acclaim in the comics world.
The writer, Joe Midthun, is a screenwriter and documentary filmmaker with an extensive knowledge of the comics language.
Titles in this series:
- Force and Motion
- Matter and How It Changes
- Matter and Its Properties
- Differentiate instructions with nonfiction graphic novels that appear to learners of all ages.
- Designed in collaboration with educational experts.
- Help beginner and advanced students tackle difficult science subjects.
- Make complex topics more approachable with bright, playful illustrations and fun characters.
"The books offer an excellent introduction to matter (two volumes),
magnetism, light, electricity, energy, gravity, heat, sound, and force/motion....This series is highly recommended for students who appreciate books in the graphic form. Especially useful for homeschoolers, classrooms, and school and public libraries." Catholic Library World