An online, differentiated, supplemental science program.
Science Power is an engaging and visually rich supplemental science site for Years 3 through 7. The site is correlated to the main science textbooks as well as state curriculum guidelines, and includes differentiated versions of the lesson text for struggling readers. With interactive multimedia, teacher guides,and a test for each lesson, Science Power is ideal for use in the classroom, at home, or for differentiated instruction or intervention use.
- 190 lessons including differentiated instruction
- 95 lessons in total
- Each lesson with its own individual home page
Science Power content is grouped into six units:
- Access all of a lesson's content through its home page. Its easily navigable design and multimedia tie together the different methods for learning in a student- and educator-friendly presentation.
- View animations, illustrative photos and videos, and quick comprehension checks on every page of the lesson.
- Lessons covering all science curriculum topics, with highlighted vocabulary, rich multimedia, custom-made animations, and review questions
- Differentiated versions of the lessons written at a lower reading level for struggling readers
- Science experiments that can be completed at home or at school, with videos demonstrating their concepts
- Extension activities to challenge advanced readers with an assignment that extends the content of the lesson
- Interactive quizzes to review the lesson content and vocabulary
- Critical thinking questions that prompt students to apply what they’ve learned to new ideas
- Tests that check student comprehension, with tracked results for the teacher
- Links to explore further related content in the World Book Web and in editor-selected external websites
- Teachers’ guides and student study guides provided for every lesson
“Science Power has been embraced by senior students at our public school. The students are engaged by the topics and features. The boys in particular have found the product interesting and they are eager to use the product to investigate and learn.”
- L. Turner, Teacher Librarian, Sydney, NSW.