2019 World Book Encyclopedia
$2,255.00 inc. GST
World Book Encyclopedia 2019
Gateway to the Future - STEM Spinescape Edition
Every year, World Book's editors refresh the encyclopedia by adding timely new articles and revising articles of continuing relevance. This set provides readers with a tangible experience that can help build a foundation for the mastery of research skills. World Book remains the sole publisher of a print general reference encyclopedia which complements the company's digital publications and series nonfiction titles.
- Over 1,200 new and revised articles reflect new research and developments, including updates to biographies and recent results of national elections.
- New and updated articles on advances in technology, such as drones, augmented reality, visual reality, and artificial intelligence.
- New content on such trending topics as Black Lives Matter, Syria, North Korea, MeTOO movement, and "fake news".
- Updated sports articles include results of the 2018 Winter Olympic Games, and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Added and revised articles about notable figures, such as Jeffrey Bezos, Elon Musk, Lionel Messi, Thomas Keneally, Nicole Kidman, Prince Louis, and the royal wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle.
- Revised articles include Aboriginal people of Australia, Commonwealth Games, Commonwealth of Nations, East Timor, Echidna, and Fiji.
- Revised article on Australia and revised articles on states and territories including New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia.
- Revised articles on Australian cities include - Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Newcastle, Perth, Sydney, and Wollongong.