Bright, clean layout for easy navigation and discovery
Larger fonts, additional spacing and bold section headers help students get the most out of every search
Stunning "splash" images with an easy-to-use caption activation encourages users to learn more
"World Book Online has proved to be a wonderful resource in our school over the last few years. We subscribe to Early World of Learning, World Book Kids, World Book Student, World Book Advanced and ebooks. Teachers love it as it enhances their lesson presentations when using the Interactive Whiteboard. For students World Book Online is a fantastic research tool that goes far beyond the print version with video, timelines, the My Research space and so much more . I highly recommend this product."
B. Loveday, Cherrybrook Public School, NSW
World Book Mobile
- World Book's direct, easy-to-understand style.
- 40,000 encyclopedia articles and similar resources featuring clear, high-interest content.
- Lexile® measures on Student’s most popular articles.
- My Research enables users to compile content in individualised accounts.
- Biography Centre boasts more than 10,000 biographies of both historical and contemporary figures.
- Extensive built-in Dictionary and an easy-to-navigate Atlas.
- How To Do Research feature helps users develop critical information literacy skills.
- Behind the Headlines puts the day’s top stories in context with straightforward language and links to related World Book articles.
- Correlations to Australian (ACARA), State and New Zealand curriculum guidelines and International Baccalaureate standards.
- included in your World Book Student subscription. More Info
Awards & Reviews:
"World Book Student's depth, relevancy and ease of use make it an outstanding resource for research. The outstanding articles, interactive features, and quality graphic and audio components are precisely what primary and high school students need to help them focus their research and find engaging, relevant information. World Book has taken the time to make sure the articles are written at a level appropriate for the intended audience, thus students can easily comprehend the information and need not struggle to read articles written for older students or adults. Highly recommended.
" - Catholic Library World
For your FREE PREVIEW* of World Book Student
*Free Preview available to Schools & Libraries only
or call 1800 647 842 (Australia only)
► Take a tour of World Book Student
► Take a tour of World Book Timelines
► Getting Started
► Promote Your Subscription
- NEW AND IMPROVED
World Book Advanced is tailored for the needs of students at secondary level and beyond. Integrates primary and secondary source documents in a single database.