"World Book Online has proved to be a wonderful resource in our school over the last few years. We subscribe to Early World of Learning, World Book Kids, World Book Student, World Book Advanced and ebooks. Teachers love it as it enhances their lesson presentations when using the Interactive Whiteboard. For students World Book Online is a fantastic research tool that goes far beyond the print version with video, timelines, the My Research space and so much more . I highly recommend this product."
B. Loveday, Cherrybrook Public School, NSW
Now optimised for iPads and Tablets at no additional cost
Continually updated, World Book Student is the source for accurate and authoritative information.
This comprehensive site includes a collection of content, features, and tools sepecifically developed to make online knowledge accessible and integrate easily into the curriculum.
World Book Student offers:
- Vibrant, student-friendly design
- World Book Dictionary
- World Book Atlas
- A collection of research tools that includes a timeline builder, individual research accounts, and a research feature.
- Biography Centre that offers easy access to information on important people
- More than 20,000 pictures, maps, videos, and sounds.
- Compare Places - a tool for researching and comparing continents, countries and states .
- World Book's direct, easy-to-understand style
- High performance search engine for fast, easy search capabilities
- High-interest content written at the appropriate year level engages students
- A collection of research tools that includes a timeline builder, individual research accounts, and a "How to Do Research" feature, develops critical information literacy skills
- Over 20,000 pictures and maps
- 10,000 sounds, including pronunciations
- More than 100 videos and animations
- More than 100 panoramic 360-degree views
- 60,000 cross-reference links
- Links to selections from more than 100 important periodicals
- More than 7,000 links to editor-approved Web sites
- Research Helper presents proven techniques and instructions
- Print entire article or a section of an article
- Easy to access, maintain and use
- Specifically developed for media centres, computer labs, and classrooms
- With the click of a mouse, students can visit related Web sites or retrieve related current articles from respected magazines
the Ages provides simulated Web sites as they might have been if the
World Wide Web had existed throughout history. Real history with a Web
- Innovative double-click interactive World Book Dictionary
- Daily updates in Behind the Headlines
- Search term spell-checker provides alternatives for variant spellings and misspellings
- Search term anchors highlight first instance of matched terms
- Integrates easily with federated search systems
- Ideal for use with interactive whiteboards
- Lexile measures (selected articles) - More Information on Lexile Measures
World Book Mobile
- included in your World Book Student subscription. More Info
Awards & Reviews:
"World Book Student's depth, relevancy and ease of use make it an outstanding resource for research. The outstanding articles, interactive features, and quality graphic and audio components are precisely what primary and high school students need to help them focus their research and find engaging, relevant information. World Book has taken the time to make sure the articles are written at a level appropriate for the intended audience, thus students can easily comprehend the information and need not struggle to read articles written for older students or adults. Highly recommended." - Catholic Library World
For your FREE PREVIEW* of World Book Student
*Free Preview available to Schools & Libraries only
or call 1800 647 842 (Australia only)
► Take a tour of World Book Student
► Take a tour of World Book Timelines
► Getting Started
► Promote Your Subscription
This product has no related products.