WORLD BOOK ADVANCED IS A POWERFUL REFERENCE TOOL
Primary sources at your fingertips
Now optimised for iPads and Tablets at no additional cost
include encyclopedic content, e-books, images and sounds, research
tools, and a vast collection of primary source documents highlighting
the accomplishments of the greatest minds throughout history.
Key features include:
- A powerful search engine that directs users to their desired content with maximum efficiency.
- Research tools
- including dictionary, atlas, and local and country research guides -
that help users find and compile the data and information they need.
- Create and save features that offer users the ability to use site content in unique ways. They can save and annotate research results from World Book and external sources, create timelines, build citations, and more.
- Access to Australian and New Zealand Education Associations and National and State Curriculum Guides.
- A customisable interface and personalised home page content that create a unique user experience.
- Over 5,500 E-books in a single search, including downloadable e-books.
- Timeline builder.
- Shared Pathfinders.
- Integrated search.
- Lexile measures (selected articles). More information on Lexile measures.
Primary Sources at your fingertips -
of primary documents is an essential skill for secondary and
post-secondary students. Students can find thousands of original,
eyewitness, and historical source documents, as well as important works
of literature, including:
World Book Mobile
- Marco Polo's Account of Japan and Java
- The Overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah
- Einstein's Atomic Bomb Proposal
- Recent and historical speeches
- Contemporaneous accounts of historical events
- Pliny the Younger on the Eruption of Mount Vesuvius
- Captain Cook's Account of a Voyage round the World 1768 - 1771
- New Zealand, Treaty of Waitangi, 1840
- The works of A.B. (Banjo) Paterson
- included in your World Book Advanced subscription. More Info
Awards & Reviews
"Overall, World Book Advanced is an outstanding
resource that every school must consider. It is easy to navigate,
customise and find relevant information. World book provides excellent
online tutorials, continuous updates and brilliant graphics and photos
to provide a thoroughly enjoyable research experience. Highly
Catholic Library World, September 2011
"I regard (the World book Web) with fervent awe, it
is a masterwork that belongs in all libraries." -- Cheryl LaGuardia,
Head of Instructional Services, Harvard College Library, Library
For your FREE PREVIEW* of World Book Advanced
*Free Preview available to Schools & Libraries only
or call 1800 647 842 (Australia only)
► Take a tour of World Book Advanced
► Scavenger Hunts
► Tip Sheets
► Getting Started
► Promote Your Subscription
This product has no related products.