Quirky characters drawn in exciting comic-book style introduce and demonstrate critical basic mathematics concepts in this six-volume series. Story problems help to develop students' conceptual understanding of the mathematical operations and teach them techniques for solving real-life maths problems. Designed in collaboration with mathematics education experts, this series is appropriate for students who are just learning these concepts and older students who can benefit from review and reinforcement.
Building Blocks of Mathematics was created by the same author and illustrator team that used for the Building Blocks of Physical Science, Building Blocks of Life Science and Building Blocks of Science Animals and Plants.
The illustrator's name is Sam Hiti, and he publishes science fiction comics that have received a lot of acclaim in the comics world.
The writer, Joe Midthun, is a screenwriter and documentary filmmaker with an extensive knowledge of the comics language.
- Original comics-style art draws students into the material.
- Fascinating information about the invention of number systems.
- Lists of additional print and Internet resources.
- Contents reflect national curriculum standards.
- Prepared with the expert guidance of Dr. Hala Ghousseini and Dr. Anita Wager, assistant professors of mathematics education in the department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
► A Look Inside Building Blocks of Mathematics
► Curriculum Correlations
► Building Blocks of Mathematics Activity Sheets:
- World Book's first graphic nonficiton series
Highly original and humorous comic-style art draws students into the material
- $462.00 (AUD)